Wednesday 19 September 2012

Copyright Infringement: that’s an interesting approach


You can find a lot of interesting shows stuff on YouTube these days.

Don’t look at me like that.  I’m certainly not condoning copyright infringement but, you know, if it’s available on YouTube, what’s the harm in a quick butchers?  But be snappy about it: they might have pulled the content by the next time you go back.

I’ve always had a penchant for a good detective series (even though there are some which I simply cannot abide).

Whilst catching up on a classic mid-nineties episode of A Touch of Frost recently, I was amused by the attempt at a disclaimer the uploader had included:

copyright disclaimer - love it

Ah – that’s all right then.  Ahem.  Be right back

Now I’ve had my eyes opened, I’ve seen it used more and more.

Watching laypeople wrestle with the concept of disclaimer can be an interesting experience.  More entertaining than the actual show in many cases.

Btw, does anybody else get a kick out of watching compilations of TV ads from their childhood? 

Perhaps it’s just me then.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I love watching old tv ads too!

    BTW loving the new header :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andro!! It's good to see you're still about. :-) I hope all is well.

    Glad I'm not the only one who likes to reminisce on YouTube. Can't beat it.

    ReplyDelete