Sunday 21 February 2010

Legal Reality TV

I'm a solicitor - get me out of here Just a few ideas for legally themed reality TV shows:

Strictly Come Advocacy

So You Think You Can Litigate

I'm a Solicitor.... Get Me Out of Here.

Total Wipeout: Lawyer Edition (... I suspect this would give the general public no end of joy, seeing lawyers suffer a miserable and ignominious beating).

Advocacy on Ice

Law Idol

The Law Factor ... hmm, good name for a blog there.

Lawyer Academy

Negotiation: Deal or No Deal

Any others??

6 comments:

  1. The Open University has recently kinda done Lawyer Academy in the form of shadowing trainee barristers. It's clearly the thin edge of the wedge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I wasn't actually aware of that.... like you say, thin edge of the wedge! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen, are you talking about "The Barristers" on BBC? Good program that was ;D

    I like those names, Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm talking about The Barristers. I agree, I thought it was a good way to do legal reality TV.

    I think the alternative way of doing that one would be a show titled "Who Wants To Be a BVC Graduate?" which could inspire a critically acclaimed Bollywood movie and would be directed by Danny Boyle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of "So You Think You Can Litigate" and "Negotiation: Deal or No Deal". A Big Brother house special full of lawyers might be interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who Wants To Be a BVC Graduate? Sounds like a great idea.

    Presumably, following TV producer's habitual tendency to beat a *perceived* good idea to death, the presenter of that show would return after several years with a re-hashed game show entitled, 'The Colour of Lawyers'.

    Poor Chris T... he never stood a chance with that one did he.

    ReplyDelete