Monday 31 August 2009

Ferrari fans berate Badoer for ‘shameful’ lack of pace

From F1 Racing.net 31/08/09:

Ferrari stand-in Luca Badoer claims that it would be 'absurd' for the Italian team to replace him less than a fortnight before his home Grand Prix. The reserve driver, Ferrari's longest-standing pilot, currently remains set to continue replacing the injured Felipe Massa although media pressure is increasing to change the line-up.

With Kimi Raikkonen having won the Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday, Badoer finished last of the runners and over a minute and a half behind his team-mate. "I can say that, after two races, I have much more of a grip on this mountain of things to learn," Badoer told the waiting media after the race at Spa.

"Monza, Mugello and Fiorano are the tracks where I have driven for most in my life," he continued. "It would be absurd and I would be very disappointed (to not drive) because I am convinced that, at Monza, I have the feeling needed.

"Going to a track that I could drive with my eyes closed, I am sure that I could get a good result. If I had to set myself a deadline, maybe I would do it for after Monza - I would be the first to say 'Lads, it's not working out'."

I’ll say it now, Luca: “It’s just not working out”.

In the meantime, this amusing banner that appeared at Spa at the weekend, pretty much says it all.

The difficult truth

1 comment:

  1. poor guy, he really has been given an impossible challenge. he may not be racing come monza.

    ReplyDelete