Friday 13 March 2009

Funny Domain Names

funny domains I actually discovered this link months ago – I’d just squirreled it away in a long-forgotten folder somewhere deep in my bookmarks. 

--UPDATE—After initially posting this, it occurred to me that this could serve as my ‘do something funny for money’ thing for Red Nose Day this year.  Just without the ‘money’ bit.   There was, in fact, a book sale at work earlier this month with all proceeds going towards Comic Relief and I had the idea of trying to flog my old statute book from the LPC containing the 1985 and 2006 Companies Acts.  I sensibly decided against this in the end, as I can’t see there would have been many takers.  For what it’s worth, I’m still prepared to sell it for Comic Relief.  So… any takers?

“All of these are companies that didn't spend quite enough time considering how their online names might appear - and be misread...

  1. Who Represents is where you can find the name of the agent that represents any celebrity. Their Web site is
    www.whorepresents.com/
  2. Experts Exchange is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange Advice and views at  www.expertsexchange.com/
  3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at
    www.penisland.net/
  4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at
    www.therapistfinder.com/
  5. There's the Italian Power Generator company,
    www.powergenitalia.com/
  6. And don't forget the Mole Station Native Nursery in New South Wales,
    www.molestationnursery.com/”

Etc.  Check out the site for the full list.

5 comments:

  1. A - HAH! Smut is infectious!
    (eeew why does that sound completely YUKSOME??!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you both liked them. :-)

    There are some more rolling around out there.

    Think of it as my contribution to comic relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that link a while ago and had forgotten all about it...thanks for reminding me about it (I needed a laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I also vaguely remember the Pen Island (penisland.com) one being mentioned on QI once. :-)

    ReplyDelete