Thursday 24 April 2008

New OGC Logo

ogclogoI was amused to see the proposed new logo for the Office for Government Commerce in the comment section of The Times today.  Costing £14,000 (I could have mocked one up in Photoshop for just a snip of that price) the new, sleek, modern logo is great, until turned 90 degrees clockwise.OGC Turned

Now I'm back at home, I've checked it out on the Times site who claim that OGC are planning to proceed with it: 

Apparently they are pressing ahead with it anyway. A spokesman for the OGC said (I kid you not) this:

We concluded that the effect was generic to the particular combination of the letters 'OGC' - and is not inappropriate to an organisation that's looking to have a firm grip on government spend.

That's a firm grip, all right!

8 comments:

  1. £14K for a logo, which, when turned on it's side, looks like a man showing off his naughty bits?!?!
    I think not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's obviously a bet going round graphic designers recently.
    "Who can design the most suggestive logo, have it accepted, and still charge the most?"

    I'm thinking London 2012 is still the front runner in that class though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The designers must have been having a laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely hilarious...I can't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent

    I have taken the liberty of linking your coverage on my new 'sensible' daily newswire

    Insitelaw newswire
    http://insitelawmagazine.com/

    Today's newswire will be 'up', to coin a phrase, by 9.00 am

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering what I was going to be able to guest blog about this week - so cheers for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one has certainly caused quite a stir. I also noticed last night that it was the most popular image-link on Digg.

    Suffice to say, posting it has done wonders for my traffic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When they said it was "not inappropriate" (Tsk- have they never read Orwell- a not unsmall dog chased a not unfrightened rabbit across a not ungreen field) did they imagine people were seeing it as anything other than an erect penis?

    ReplyDelete